At CAIR the counseling department helps support the learning in the classroom and reinforces goals for life.
- I can make good choices even if I am mad, sad, frustrated, etc.
- When I am mad I will say "I want", "I think", "I feel", "I will"
- I can be okay even if others are not okay.
- I can do my work/follow directions even if I don't want to (or it is hard)
Students meet in small groups and individually with Ms. Robertson in support of school goals.
Some subjects covered but are not limited to:
- Caring for self
- How to build relationships back after we have hurt them
- Professionals, we can become
- How to deal with Bullying
What is Social-Emotional Learning?